Sunday, October 19, 2008

Podcasts

I have a project for my science classroom and a friend told me to make a podcast. What are podcasts and how can I use them for my project?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A podcast is an audio recording, saved as an MP3 file that can be seen through the internet. Podcasting will allow anyone to become an independent producer and distributor of audio and video content.

Unknown said...

I think you should use the podcast for your presentation. It would be a great idea to get the information out and available to anyone on the internet.

It is a great experience for students to learn how to use podcasts. students will learn great cognitive skills. It offers collaborative opportunities with decision making and other beneficial aspects of education.

You will be given the opportunity to be an expert on a topic. I would make sure that you use original material or analyze old material.

Your teacher will definitely be impressed if you make a podcast! good luck!

Unknown said...

I agree that you should definitely use a podcast! I think that digital storytelling could be a great way for you to use a podcast. You could even do a different project and use the podcast to "follow up" on what you did. This way you could discuss how you planned the project, what you did, and what you could do to make it better!

Unknown said...

If you were wondering I know of some great podcasting websites that you could use.

www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com

www.podcastingnews.com/articles/how-to-podcast.html

podcastjazz.pbwiki.com

www.learninginhand.com/articles/chat013006.html

www.intelligenic.com/kidcast/index.html

check these out! they should help you :)